We look forward to meeting you on your first visit to our office. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient's orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. Your first orthodontic visit will consist of an examination and discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will address your orthodontic needs to determine if this is the proper time to begin treatment.
After we have evaluated your records, we conduct a treatment consultation to explain all aspects of your treatment in detail. We will provide a complete clinical diagnosis regarding the nature of the problem, a written summary of the findings and a detailed plan that outlines your treatment, goals and estimated fees. We encourage questions from both the patient and the parent, and as such, we provide ample time to answer your questions.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any primary or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
- How will my insurance benefits affect the treatment fee?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we may need to address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- A completely filled out health history form that you will receive in the mail in your new patient welcome packet.
Click the play button to watch a video on Teen Invisalign